Reliance Jio SIM cards will become available to everyone from Monday, after the telco debuted to thunderous applause with plans that promises to shake up the telecom industry. At launch, Jio’s various plans were outlined and with the validity period mentioned it became clear these were prepaid. Later, seven postpaid plans were also revealed, with the same rates as the prepaid plans (with taxes extra). A detailed look at Reliance Jio’s postpaid plans confirmed all the rates and benefits, and revealed one postpaid plan with per second billing for voice calls.
The Jio 4G tariffs start at Rs. 149 for 28 days, for 300MB. For Rs. 499 per month you get a big step up, to 4GB of 4G data, plus unlimited 4G at night, for 28 days. You’ll also get 8GB of access from Reliance Jio’s upcoming network of Wi-Fi hotspots, further increasing the amount of data you can use. For Rs. 999, that goes up to 10GB of 4G data, and 20GB of Wi-Fi usage, plus unlimited usage at night. Further plans are for Rs. 1,499 for 20GB, Rs. 2,499 for 35GB, and Rs. 3,999 for 60GB of 4G data, and twice as much Wi-Fi usage respectively. The most expensive plan is for Rs. 4,999 for 75GB of 4G usage plus unlimited 4G usage at night, and 150GB of Wi-Fi data. The postpaid plans are similar, but you’ll be paying taxes as well.
Terms and conditions
1. Voice is truly free – no charge towards voice or the data used to make 4G voice calls.
2. “Unlimited at Night” pertains to data used between 2am – 5am.
3. Wi-Fi data benefits in the plans pertain to Wi-Fi data availed in the Public Wi-Fi hotspots of RJIL.
4. The subscribers can avail the above plans effective from 1st January 2017.
5. The data used by the consumers for Jio applications, Video calls and other content available on internet would be uniformly debited against plan data allocation.
6. Unutilized free benefits will be forfeited at the end of validity.
7. The prepaid packs with denominations Rs.19, Rs.129 and Rs.299 cannot be availed as a First recharge by new subscribers.
8. 25% additional 4G WiFi data benefits will be provided to students on providing a valid identity card, as per process.
9. Prepaid tariffs are inclusive of all applicable taxes.
10. On Postpaid tariffs applicable taxes will be charged. The Postpaid subscribers opting for the Auto-debit option using credit/debit cards/online transfer to pay their monthly mobile phone bill and opting for e-bill will be accorded an additional 15% discount on the bill value.
11. The above plans can only be availed by customers possessing a LTE compatible handset.